Monday, October 20, 2014

Come with me.


It doesn't have to be your 5th time on a plane, you can just hold my hand, or I'll make sure you're comfortable.
You don't have to know what to say to that taxi driver, we would rather take the bus and get lost together.
Your funds need not to be millions, as I'm sure we'd be sharing treasures.
That hostel bed need not be soft, as long as I know when I wake up you'd be there. 
We will sleep till 10:00 AM some days, but greet the early mornings the other. 
For this is when we can witness the quietness of a sunrise, combined with the busy hustle of a morning market. 
We also need to catch that bus that will take us to paradise.
Your shoulders need to be strong because we'd be carrying our house. 
Your arms will also serve as your bungee cords just in case we needed to hang outside that chicken bus. 
I will give you that seat when one becomes vacant. 
Just please don't vomit. I know the smell is foul, but I swear, our destination will be worth it. 
Don't look at me with disgust when our bus takes another route and takes us somewhere else.
For when you are frustrated, I'll just smile at you and give you a big sweaty hug. 
At this point we needed to be smart and use our bargaining skills and hail a cab. 
We still need to get to that paradise we were intending to see. 
You stop a taxi, and I look at you and can't help but admire your efforts. 
Efforts of speaking a language you only knew a few words of. 
You definitely tried to communicate, but your broken words just won't work. 
You catch me staring at you and gets mad a little because you think I'm having fun seeing you struggle. 
I get inside that cab, unsure if you even got anything settled with the driver. 
I don't care because for some reason, with you, I always feel safe. 
Our taxi driver drops us off in a nowhere land and told us it's the start of the paradise we want to see.
We get off and you pay for the ride. You're just better with finances, really. 
We start to hike. A four hour hike.
Halfway through, we see a small hut that sells fresh coconuts.
Your self-confidence convinces me not to buy one. 
You told me you'd rather climb the infinite number of coconut trees and get the fruit yourself.
Your energy excites me. 
From one feet above the ground, to gathering tourists around your tree.
You got off that tree, got close to me, and gave me my own fruit.
The cheesy-ness does not stop there. 
You went to your wallet and got a few bucks and paid the small hut. 
My insides are screaming and at that point I am so convinced you're a dream.
We continue our hike and we stop to take pictures whenever there's a good view.
A few hours later, we reach nowhere land. 
We see nothing but each other, the white sand, the sunset, and the sound of waves cleaning our tired feet. 
We set camp. Eat the boiled eggs we packed and the canned tuna we set aside.
We go for a swim using goggles you brought yourself.
I can't help but focus my waterproof camera on you. 
The night goes by and again we didn't have the softest bed. 

I need you to be ok with uncertainty. 
For with this we will reach places where wheels wouldn't even turn.
I need you to be fearless. 
For with this we will both experience unimaginable things.
I need you to be giving. 
For with this, we will change the world. 

Or you can scrap everything.
I just need you to have an open mind. 
For with this, we will both conquer. 

I just need you. 
Come with me. 

Much love. <3 div="">

No comments:

Post a Comment