Friday, July 18, 2014

My year as DSS

I never wrote anything about my experience of being a student association executive. I was looking over my pictures on Facebook and Twitter and cannot help but reminisce the year that passed with six other people that contributed to my whole university experience. My team or second family in university taught me a lot of things. From chugging beers and flipping cups, to keeping my email organized and resolving conflicts both in my personal life, academic life, and workplace. My year as the CSA's Director of Student Services was definitely one to remember.

Although I learned so much from the nine people in my portfolio and my job literally revolved around them, I spent more time with my six other executives that I literally know what Brittany's specific eye roll meant. From getting selected, to spending hours until 2am deciding the gist about the general council, experiences varied very differently. We had months, especially during the summer, when we were all and brainstorming about how we will run the year, and we also had months where we all simply just did not talk because each is stressed about their own event or four.

From event to event, I am so proud I was able to work with this team for a year or so. Our positions may have been occupied by a totally different person but the moments we shared could never be replaced. We have been to Ottawa and Montreal together(well, except for Chris, but we still love you), cannot count the multiple ices and meetings we all have been through, at the end of the day, everything still worked out like smores. My year with everyone sort of became my training wheels of delivering things while still being yourself and not stepping on anyone's toes.

To Karli, Brittany, Riley, Tyler, Chris and Foster. Thanks for a 2013-2014, my last year of university, well spent. Continue to inspire people in your own ways and I hope we get to sit down and spend some more money getting draaanks very soon. Two of you are getting married, while the rest is exploring the who knows what. I just wanted to let y'all know that I got your backs with whatever it is.

Love,

Jusjus




Much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment